See the BladeKey Sizing Tool to help you determine the right size for your set of keys.
- Everyday Commentary - "After a week of use, I am sold. The design is incredibly simple. It is one of those forehead slapping, why-didn't-I-think-of-that products. That's no slight. Those are the very best products and the very best designs. It takes a truly brilliant design to solve a common, long-lasting problem in a simple and elegant way."
ITSTactical - "The BladeKey Bolt is a simple but well thought out device. Actually, you can probably guess how it operates just by looking at it. In a nutshell, it transforms your keychain into a pocket knife style key organizer.
No jingling. No poking. Just organized keys."
- AllOutdoor - "No more pocket full of tools. No more janitor key wad, just a sleek easy to use device. It is one of two things that I have reviewed and then bought immediately…. This thing is pure genius."
BladeKey is a patented easy to use customized organizer for your keys. Tired of your keys becoming disorganized and making a bunch of noise as you walk around? The BladeKey key organizer solves these problems by securing your keys together and allowing for easy access.
- Additional Hardware Required. The BladeKey holds keys in place with custom hardware or a 1/4" Barrel Length, 8-32 Thread Size "Chicago Binding Post"
- Free Custom Hardware with Purchase of a 3D Printed BladeKey. Just add the appropriate hardware to your cart, and we will ship it to you. To avoid delays, you may receive the hardware separately from the 3D Printed parts.
Material, Finish and Color Options
Steel is a strong metal with an industrial look and feel. It’s printed using a binder jetting process and is later infused with bronze, creating a material that is 60% steel and 40% bronze and can range in color from a silver gray to reddish bronze.
To build steel BladeKeys, special 3D printers deposit small drops of glue onto layers of stainless steel powder, one layer at a time, until the print is complete. These are carefully removed from the printer. At this stage of the process, the objects are very fragile, like wet sand. The models then go through an infusion process that replaces the glue with bronze, creating a full metal product. After printing, the model is sintered in a furnace. During this process, there is some shrinkage which can be unpredictable. Models are then processed to achieve your desired finish, sprayed with a sealant, and shipped to you.
Select finishes from the following options:
- Polished bronzed silver steel is 3D printed in bronze-infused stainless steel with visible print lines and rough feel.
- Polished gold steel is 3D printed in enrobed in 24k gold and polished to a mild sheen with visible print lines.
- Polished bronze steel is 3D printed in enhanced bronze color, polished to a mild sheen with visible print lines.
- Polished nickel steel is 3D printed in plated in nickel for a silvery hue then polished to a mild sheen with visible print lines.
- Polished and bronzed black steel is 3D printed in treated and polished for a dark grey sheen, with visible print lines.
- Matte black steel is 3D printed in treated for a matte black finish and textured with visible print lines.
- Matte bronzed silver steel is 3D printed in bronze-infused steel with a matte finish.
3D Printing Production Time and Shipping
Allow about two weeks for production. Shipping depends on your location.
BladeKey Bolt Sizes
The BladeKey Bolt 6 has been manufactured in two different lengths: regular and extended. The dimensions for the BladeKey Bolt 6 are:
- BladeKey Bolt 6: Holds up to 6 standard metal keys.
- Width Available for Keys: 12.5 mm
- Regular Length (maximum key length): 57 mm (on each side) and 63 mm (in the middle)
- Extended Length (maximum key length): 67 mm (on each side) and 73 mm (in the middle)
For additional help picking a size, see the BladeKey Sizing Tool to help you determine the right size for your set of keys.
Assembly & Use
Once you get your BladeKey, simply place your keys (or BladeKey NeoKeys) into the appropriately sized BladeKey device, and secure the keys with custom hardware or a Chicago Binding Post. The keys and rotate out like a typical pocket tool.
Custom Hardware. Most Keys are Compatible without Modification
The BladeKey Bolt custom black stainless-steel post that has a 3.5 mm diameter. This should work with almost every key; however, we recommend that you verify that your keys will work without modification.
In addition, the custom hardware comes with blue nylon thread lock applied, so your bolt will not come undone with normal use.