See the BladeKey Sizing Tool to help you determine the right size for your set of keys.
- Everyday Commentary - "After a week of use, I am sold. The design is incredibly simple. It is one of those forehead slapping, why-didn't-I-think-of-that products. That's no slight. Those are the very best products and the very best designs. It takes a truly brilliant design to solve a common, long-lasting problem in a simple and elegant way."
ITSTactical - "The BladeKey Bolt is a simple but well thought out device. Actually, you can probably guess how it operates just by looking at it. In a nutshell, it transforms your keychain into a pocket knife style key organizer.
No jingling. No poking. Just organized keys."
- AllOutdoor - "No more pocket full of tools. No more janitor key wad, just a sleek easy to use device. It is one of two things that I have reviewed and then bought immediately…. This thing is pure genius."
BladeKey is a patented easy to use customized organizer for your keys. Tired of your keys becoming disorganized and making a bunch of noise as you walk around? The BladeKey key organizer solves these problems by securing your keys together and allowing for easy access.
- Additional Hardware Required. The BladeKey holds keys in place with custom hardware or a 1/4" Barrel Length, 8-32 Thread Size "Chicago Binding Post"
- Free Custom Hardware with Purchase of a 3D Printed BladeKey. Just add the appropriate hardware to your cart, and we will ship it to you. To avoid delays, you may receive the hardware separately from the 3D Printed parts.
Material, Finish and Color Options
Aluminum is a light and strong material with high strength, stiffness, low weight, and high accuracy. It’s printed using a process called Selective Laser Melting. Aluminum (alloy AlSi10Mg, 10% Silicon 0.5% Mg) also has great corrosion resistance
Aluminum is fused and melted using a laser from a bed of metallic powder using a 3D printing process called selective laser melting. Fabrication takes place on a build platform with supports to anchor the part. A bed of aluminum powder sits above a build platform. One layer at a time, the powder is melted by a high-powered laser. The melted powder is quickly cooled to solidify the metal. To form the next layer, the build platform is lowered and a new layer of powder is distributed with a coater. This process is repeated layer by layer until the part is complete. Horizontal areas and edges print with an automatically generated support structure to prevent the feature from sagging into loose powder. The support is then removed and polished away from the part during post-processing. Selective laser melting is unique because the high-power laser provides enough energy to heat the aluminum powder above the melting point. This process fully melts the powder rather than just sintering it, creating a solid, homogeneous aluminum alloy.
- The 3D printed aluminum finish is matte grey with a subtle sparkle and a slightly rough surface.
3D Printing Production Time and Shipping
Allow about two weeks for production. Shipping depends on your location.
BladeKey Bolt Sizes
The BladeKey Bolt 6 has been manufactured in two different lengths: regular and extended. The dimensions for the BladeKey Bolt 6 are:
- BladeKey Bolt 6: Holds up to 6 standard metal keys.
- Width Available for Keys: 12.5 mm
- Regular Length (maximum key length): 57 mm (on each side) and 63 mm (in the middle)
- Extended Length (maximum key length): 67 mm (on each side) and 73 mm (in the middle)
For additional help picking a size, see the BladeKey Sizing Tool to help you determine the right size for your set of keys.
Assembly & Use
Once you get your BladeKey, simply place your keys (or BladeKey NeoKeys) into the appropriately sized BladeKey device, and secure the keys with custom hardware or a Chicago Binding Post. The keys and rotate out like a typical pocket tool.
Custom Hardware. Most Keys are Compatible without Modification
The BladeKey Bolt custom black stainless-steel post that has a 3.5 mm diameter. This should work with almost every key; however, we recommend that you verify that your keys will work without modification.
In addition, the custom hardware comes with blue nylon thread lock applied, so your bolt will not come undone with normal use.